Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Here goes nothing.

There comes a point in your life where you need to hear this quote:
 
You know, sometimes all you need is twenty seconds of insane courage. Just literally twenty seconds of just embarrassing bravery. And I promise you, something great will come of it
 
I've spent a majority of my life hiding from the world. People handle situations differently, I am no exception. Maybe I truly am weird in how I deal with emotions. Just this nostalgic way of thinking. Lied to all these years by the miracle wonders of television and beautifully scored films. Sometimes you just wish that for the one thing you truly want, you would get just an ounce of that sparkle. Sadly my life can't be written by Woody Allen and Wes Anderson doesn't direct my life.
 
There's moments in your life you wish were easy. Getting over a break-up, moving on from the break-up and just finding that sense of enlightenment. We get there eventually after countless hours of explaining our sob story or in some cases writing it over the internet for everyone to see. I am ready for that next step.
 
Maybe this is the part in my movie where I start becoming awesome.
 
Then you get those moments where you fear the outcome. You fear the rejection and you fear the vulnerability, you're about to put out into the world. It's human nature to be scared to ask the question but its the things that scare you the most that you have to do for yourself. I am far from perfect. I am weird, I watch more films and television then I should and I love food but one thing I am not is a coward.
 
People change, people will break your heart, and it may not make sense at the time but it comes together eventually. Life has a silly way of breaking your heart and it's up to us to find the ways of mending it. I can live with that notion, now all I need is just an ounce of bravery to start all over again.
 
I'll get there eventually.
 
Everything in it's right place.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment