Monday, September 23, 2013

This is fact not fiction for the first time in years..

For the past couple of days it's been Death Cab for Cutie central.

I blame Coachella. (Okay OKAY Death Cab didn't play but The Postal Service did, which in turn made me dust off all the Death Cab for Cutie albums)

 I blame the overall aura of Ben Gibbard and his haunting lyrics.

I can't remember the last time I sat with my head phones listening to these albums. So here I am for the past few nights just sitting and listening to these albums. As if there is something I've missed from the first time I heard them. Some hidden message I missed between the lines.

When you close yourself off from the world you forget the beauty in the music. The vulnerability in the lyrics. You forget that there are people out that feel the way that you do.

Even if it's just in a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment