Thursday, June 13, 2013

little high waisted shorts.

I am not sure what's the fascination with these denim high waisted shorts but I cringe when I see them. It's this whole new generation of kids wanting to live back in the 90s. The hideous 90's wallpaper floral, little backpacks, bongo jeans and yes...denim high waisted shorts.

When in doubt refer to years prior for fashion expertise in one of the most socially fashion handicapped eras.

Don't get me wrong. I loved the 90s. I grew up in the 90s. Its just this huge flashback of overalls, crop tops, and wet n wild 949 lipstick I can't get over. Maybe it's that my tastes have changed and I've become this muppets grouch character of disgust over the newer generations. They live in this state of denial and go into thinking that this is the next big thing. This is going to be an innovated way of individuality. They are states of fashion that didn't work in the 90's and as many times as nylon magazine addresses it as a comeback it just isn't working. 2010-2014 will be notorious for being this huge mass up of eras + more eras + shit. I just can't anymore. Walking into urban outfitters, American apparel, forever 21, just these stores geared toward making these baby 90's prostitutes of disgust. Like I get it. I get that it's suppose to be youthful, it's suppose to be fun, but you're making clothes that are two sizes to small and representing all that was wrong in that decade.

It's weird because I can think of so many movies where it was socially acceptable to wear these clothes. Then I think of all the movies people could take cues from instead of relying on everything that's out in front of them. I just hate that everything is one huge fabrication of the same carbon copy. One huge mess but everything and everyone wants to believe it looks good. I guess I can rely this to music and fashion.

Music used to mean something to me. Music had a way of changing that moment everything was so terrible into something beautiful. Now everything like fashion is just a carbon copy of the same beatles, nirvana, de la soul, album. I just want something to change. Something to bring a sigh of relief to an already drought of an industry.

I guess it's just sad knowing that I grew up in such a great time period. I was born in the 80s and grew up in the 90s. I had the best of every world with music, fashion, and icons of talent but now what do we have left. Holding on to this nostalgia that at any minute it's all going to change. That something will breathe life into an industry that's so consumed with focusing on the past. I want to see something new. I want to be moved. I want to feel like I did when "Ready to Die" came out. I want to feel like I did when I received my first pair of unflattering overalls.

When do I get over this notion that something great is going to come along but everything becomes two steps back.

what the fuck dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment