Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Don't mistake my kindness for weakness..

There's a time and a place to take a stand, because if you fall for something then you'll fall for anything. I would like to think that I live my life in that way always standing up for myself always showing people how I won't be treated unfairly or let alone for granted but sometimes people need reminding.

Once again it goes into the account of how I think differently from people how at first glance seeing how I interact with people thinking I'm aloof in anyway I'm sorry to say you're wrong. There was a time that I was on my best behavior, that I let people walk all over me treat me unkind but that was years prior this is today and NO THANK YOU will I ever be treated like that again. People preach fairness, people preach peace but no one ever likes it when people stand up for themselves.

It's a huge double sided sword being a female sometimes. If a female speaks up, defends her self she's a "bitch" or "difficult" but if a man does it he's "strong" and "assertive". Why is that? Why is it easier for a man to get away with thing then it is for a female? It's easier for us to be victims then it is for us to be heroes. I am just calling it out for what it's worth. Speaking exactly how I feel before I spontaneously combust.

But I will say this..Just because I am nice to you and let things slide does not mean I am weak. Doesn't mean that I do not see what you're doing. Does not mean that I will keep quiet about how I am treated. If you think for a second that I am going to sit back and watch the rest of the weak stand and laugh at me you're clearly mistaken.

I am strong, I am proud and best of all I am always going to have my own back before I step forward and help another. Don't think I don't see what you're doing because I see everything in my surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment